• Understand the working of health organization and food industry
• Gain knowledge in various aspects in management of institution and beneficiaries
• They would work for period of four week in any setting like multispecialty hospital, ICDS Women welfare organization, Hostel food industry, canteen, etc.
The foods and nutrition students work with Anganwadi, where they get the first hand knowledge of the government schemes working for the employment of women and children suffering from malnourishment.
They stay in Anganwadis and work under supervisors, celebrate days, interact with pregnant and lactating women, organize workshops for recipe demonstration and detecting adulteration in foods.
• Work with young children, teach nursery rhymes, take lectures in different topics with adolescent girls and conduct role plays in subject of Nutrition, Sanitation and Hygiene, use of packaged foods etc.
• Students get to apply the knowledge gained in the field.
• They have a firsthand experience of organization.
• They also face the ground reality of governments’ efforts in eradicating malnutrition.
Family Resource Management
1. To provide students with practical experience in institutions.
2. To develop skills to apply their acquired knowledge into practice.
The placement of the students will be in some agency /institution /industry for a period of 15 days for intensive work experience.
• Small Scale Entrepreneurs
• Interior Designer
• Industries related to Furnishings and Accessories.
1. The students will get firsthand knowledge in the related field.
2. The students would get an opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge virtually in the applicable field.
3. It would enhance their knowledge, skills and aptitude in a specific field.
4. Internship will also upsurges the opportunity to get jobs in varied agencies /institutions /industries.
5. It will help the students in developing a professional outlook.
The final year students of Human Development are being sent to child and family welfare centers for 15 days internship.
• Students are given exposure of the functioning of child and family welfare agencies.
• Students work with people/children living in the welfare center that gives them experience of working with a specific target group.
• Students apply classroom teaching techniques in the field practice.
• Students select convenient welfare center anywhere in Gujarat or outside Gujarat.
• Maximum two students can be sent to one centre.
• Students are oriented for internship before they are placed in any center.
• Students have to work for 7-8 hours per day, where they work with the target group, collect information and then prepare a Report.
• At the end of the internship the Head of the Center issue certificates to the concern students and send evaluation report to the subject teacher.
• Students get first hand information and come to know about realistic scenario of the welfare centers.
• Increases self confidence and work capacity of the students.