To develop self-confidence and personality of the students to face various challanges of life .
- Dr. Bhavana Chauhan
I/c Principal [SMP]
PROFILE OF THE COLLEGE:
The focus is given to prepare young women in a profession way to deal
changing with life situations. It also plays a vital role in increasing the
capability of the family and community for a better quality of life through
the competences developed by this education. The subjects offered have the
wide potential for Personal development, Academic development as well as
Commercial application. The syllabus combines theory, practical and field
work with core, foundation & specialization courses and ICT courses leads to
social and economic empowerment of the young graduates.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Family Resource Management - Focus - Interior design Hospitality Management Consumer Services, Ergonomics.
- Food & Nutrition-Focus- Dietetics, Human Nutrition Community Nutrition, Institutional Food Service Management, Cuisine.
- Human Development - Focus - Child welfare Early Childhood education, differently able children, Women's Issues, overviews of life span development.
- Textile & Clothing -Focus- Fashion design, Textiles, Textile Science. Commercial clothing & Fashion Marketing.
- First degree vocational Food Sciences & Quality Control Focus New Product Development, Sensory evaluation, entrepreneurship
The logo of the college is an open book, which is spreading the light of knowledge with a motto. 'Vidyaratana Mahadhanam'.
- To impart education (knowledge and skills) to the young women in Home Science and related areas.
- To prepare students for various vocations & professions.
- To develop self-confidence and personality of the students to face various life situations.
- To impart knowledge and develop skill in various areas of Home Science.
- To train them for various vocations and dealing with different life situations.
- To give practical experience by industrial linkages and placement.
- To develop potential and creativity among students and helping in solving academic and personal problem.
- To educate students for identifying the needs of the disadvantage group of the society and working for their development.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE INSTITUTION:
- Semester System.
- Continuous Evaluation of theory & practical courses.
- Counseling academic & personal.
- Parent's involvement.
- Co-curricular- Extracurricular activities.
- Adhering to Academic Calendar
- College library with internet facilities
- Placement cell
- Wi-Fi Campus.